Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Steph's Visit



Last weekend one of my best friends, Steph, came into town.
I LOVE when people visit because not only do I get to see them, but I get to show them Boston (and I get to explore it a little more myself!).
I am not kidding when I say we ate and drank our way through the city. BUT. Who would we be if we didn't?! Certainly not ourselves.




Once Steph got into town Thursday afternoon we immediately left the house to grab something to eat. Oddly enough, we were both craving barbeque (...and beer, but that's not odd) so we ventured over to Sweet Cheeks Q in Fenway and it was BOMB.




Next, we went to Bleacher Bar to grab another beer and check out the view of Fenway.
One week until baseball season!!!




The third and final stop of the night was to Harpoon. I love the vibe, the people, and of course the beer. Win win win. 

Friday I unfortunately had class during the morning, but in the afternoon we got to venture downtown and got to see a bunch of history. 




After walking around Faneuil Hall area and down through the city, we went to the Boston Tea Party Ships and later went on a tour at the Old State House Museum. Since we're both history nerds, we got to take a bunch of pictures and Steph got to buy books for her 5th graders to learn about the Revolution.  We put the fun in functional. 





One of my favorite streets in Boston. Diagon Alley, anyone?!




We walked up to the North End and split yummy apps at the Florentine Cafe and had some of the best Cab I think we've ever had. 




More touristy history. This is the Paul Revere Mall in the North End with a statue of Paul and St. Stephen's Church in the background. Behind me is the Old North Church where Paul hung the lantern and announced the British were coming. I still can never wrap my head around the fact that these stories we heard growing up actually happened. So cool to be able to still see it all! #sorry #nerd 




The sqaure where Paul and his wife, Rachel lived. We didn't get to go into their house (out of frame) because it was closed for some reason, but I've been in it before. It was also pouring rain at this point so we decided to call it quits on tourism for the day. 




Friday night we went to Lolita's and 

Oh.
My.
God.

Lolita's is a MUST.

One of my friends Natalie works there so she made us a reservation in her section and it was INCREDIBLE. It's a tapas-style selection and tequila bar. Needless to say, we had lots of both.
I can't even begin to list everything we tried but it was all incredible. I also didn't take a single food picture because it was all inhaled the second it was set it on the table. 

After dinner we went to Baseball Tavern in Fenway and met the rest of my friends for the Wisconsin game, which was INSANE. Being at a Wisconsin bar for that game was unreal. I was a little sad they lost because you've got to root for the Big Ten, but you have to love March Madness!


(horrible quality, but too delicious not to share)


Saturday night we went BACK to the North End for dinner at Trattoria Il Panino. This place was recommended to my mom and I when we first came out here for my interview for school and I have taken everyone who visits here since! More good wine and great pasta. Can't get enough. 


Saturday night we went to Lincoln Tavern in Southie and had SO much fun.
Let's be honest, we have fun doing anything together (including laying in bed watching Scandal and Grey's Anatomy, which we did all earlier that day).


Sunday morning we went to our beloved Bruegger's (miss you, Iowa City!) and Steph headed out for the airport.


It was a short trip but so, so sweet and we got SO much accomplished. We both got to see so many new places in the city and spend quality time together which these days is pretty rare. 

Thanks for coming, Steph!! Let's do it again soon ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment