Sunday, March 12, 2017

Iowa City!!


This week while I was back in the Midwest on spring break, my mom proposed that we go up to Iowa City for a day.
Iowa City?
My favorite place?
That I haven't been to in over a year?
Yes. Please. !!!!




First necessary stop: The Vine.




The Vine is an Iowa City must. Between the Coralville (seen here) and downtown locations, many games have been watched, margaritas have been drank, and buffalo chicken wraps have been eaten. Nothing brings people together like good food, and a lot of college memories with my favorite people were here. 




As much as I love a good lunch, I loved seeing one my best friends Kelsey MORE!
Kelsey and I were random roommates freshman year of college, we became great friends, and went on to live together our Junior year as well. We can go over a year without seeing each other but we always pick right up where we left off!
Love you Kels, get your butt out to Boston. 




The new University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital!!
It is nothing short of amazing, check it out!




Directly across the street from UIHC is Kinnick Stadium.
Those kiddos in the new Children's Hospital have an AMAZING view!

Football Saturdays in Iowa City are unlike anything else in this world.
What I would give to tailgate every weekend again. Miss you, college. 




The Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City. Full of our favorite shops, restaurants, and *bars*. 




The cutest Iowa gear wherever you look. I want it all.




The beautiful, historic Old Cap and Pentacrest, the heart of campus and downtown. 
Unlike most huge state schools, they are one in the same. Seeing this view everyday never got old.




One of our favorite (Thursday night) bars and beer gardens, Brothers. Basically every school has a Brothers, and ours was loved just the same. $1 liquor pitchers for life. 




"Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa."


There is something so magical to me about Iowa City and how there is a tiger hawk flying at every corner. I have never seen college loyalty until I went to Iowa (even flying out of of O'Hare in Chicago yesterday I saw at least 20 people repping Iowa, including myself. #guilty)

Until next time, IC. You will forever have my heart!

Go Hawks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment