Friday, February 24, 2017

My Favorite Run Route



The last couple of days we have been spoiled with temps in the upper 50s and 60s - hopefully it stays!! - and I immediately knew I wanted to run my favorite route.  Now, I am by no means a skilled runner (or for that matter even halfway decent), but there is something about running through the city on a warm, sunny day that that makes me SO happy.




Running down Huntington Ave. (this is also our daily walk to class) looks something like this. The quintessential Boston picture with brownstones and the Green Line. 
Huntington takes you past Northeastern and down into Copley Square (my favorite!). 




Turning down Mass Ave. takes you into Back Bay. Here you pass the Christian Science Center (which is not only HUGE but is breathtaking), Berklee, Newbury Street (the best shopping in Boston!!) and Comm Ave.




The Harvard Bridge over the Charles is my favorite spot in Boston.

After I run here I can just stand there, gawk, and think. It is so peaceful, obviously beautiful, and gives me such a sense of clarity. Being a student my mind is constantly on material I am studying, should be studying, or the laundry list of other life things I should be doing, but when I'm here I don't think about any of it. And it is WONDERFUL. 






On the way back I go through Kenmore Square where the iconic Boston CITGO sign is.




Next I go down Yawkey Way by Fenway.
Only a couple more weeks until baseball season!!! I. CAN'T. WAIT.

The rest is through the Fens and back onto Huntington!


I love love love being in such a historical city that I never get tired of seeing - just in this one run alone are multiple of Boston's famous landmarks! Luckily the city of Boston is actually pretty small mileage wise, so it's easy to cover a lot of ground without much effort ;)


Cheers to Spring and to never stop exploring!



No comments:

Post a Comment